We are seeking an eCommerce Development Operations (DevOps) Manager to lead the day-to-day software application management and support we provide to ambitious, emerging merchants.
We specialize in backend development for clients operating custom eCommerce stores. Historically, these have been Magento, PHP, MySQL environments. Today, our technology scope is expanding as we help clients evolve and refactor their systems using applications such as MongoDB, Firebase and Vue.js.
This position is ideal for candidates with full-stack PHP/MySQL development experience who would enjoy diversified responsibilities stewarding development processes and application management. This is not a straight programming position and Magento experience is ideal.
Scope of Responsibilities
You will own:
- Git and GitHub application management practices
- Day-to-day production deployments and coordinations with developers
- CI / CD processes for stage (automated) and production (manual)
- Service incident management: Ticket triage and assignment
- New Relic application monitoring and optimization advisories
- Log management and monitoring
- Liaison management of client cloud systems providers and hosting partners
- Solution provider sourcing and selection
You will be exposed but not limited to the following:
- PHP / MySQL (RDS / Aurora)
- Vue.js / Vuex
- Google Firebase
Required Skills & Experience
You'll need to possess:
- Customer-facing and team communication skills
- Extensive PHP / MVC programming experience
- Mastery of Git and GitHub workflows
- Competent Linux systems management skills
- Competent frontend skills: JS, HTML5, CSS
- Magento Certified Developer or Developer Plus credentials
Sitesquad is based in Pittsburgh. This position is available as a remote hire to candidates in the Pittsburgh / Western Pennsylvania area and beyond.
Benefits & Compensation
- Annual salary commensurate with experience, minimally $96,000
- Flexible schedule
- IRA company match
- Unlimited vacation
- We have built applications for clients with standalone product potential. Your application stewardship will extend to these products in our efforts to spin them out for broader commercial availability.
- We do not host websites or applications under our own systems management. We rely on managed services for hosting. You'll help us manage relationships, incidents and interactions with hosting partners.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your resume.